2. Eggs do not cause an elevation of blood cholesterol.
3. Eggs do not clog up the coronary vessels as once thought. In fact the opposite is now true.
4. Eggs are low in energy value and is a factor to consider in the formulation of a caloric-restriction diet.
5. Eggs protein quality is extremely high and has a very high nitrogen-retention value. Hence it is extremely useful in post-surgical care, trauma and in post-management of hypovolemic shock against negative nitrogen balance.
6. Eggs contain vitamin D in its natural form. The benefits of vitamin D require several chapters on human nutrition in medicine to discuss.
7. Eggs are cancer-protective, especially for breast cancer.
8. Eggs are very rich in sulfur-containing amino acids methionine which is a very crucial amino-acid in blocking damaging free radicals. These are directly linked to the pathogenesis of heart disease, cancers, DNA damage, all degenerative d…