Sympathy Carb Depletion...

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! A special "shout out" to all my soldiers in Iraq keeping me safe and fighting for our America so selflessly. We ♥ Our Soldiers!!

Yesterday I hit the gym by 6am. Did a little BACK:
*Pull ups: BW, 10 reps, 2 sets
*Lat Pull-downs: 75 lbs, 15 reps, 4 sets
*Pull-overs on the bench: 30 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
*Bent-over Single-arm Dumbbell Rows: 25 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
*Bent-over Barbell Rows: 40 lbs, 15 reps, 4 sets
*Roman Chair Back Extensions: BW, 20 reps, 3 sets (rotate for obliques)

And finished up with a little CHEST:
*Cable Crossovers (middle chest): 20 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
*Low-grip Cable Crossovers (upper chest): 20 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets

This morning I meet the sunrise for a 3.5 mile run. I hit the weights around 1pm.

BICEPS
Concentration Curls: 15 lbs, 15 reps, 4 sets
Hammer Curls: 15 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Single-arm Preacher Curls: 15 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Incline Curls: 15 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets

TRICEPS
Cable Extension with Rope: 30 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Dumbbell Extensions (across chest): 15 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Dips: BW, 20 reps, 3 sets

I finished up my afternoon workout with another round of cardio...30 minutes on the stairclimber @ a steady Level 10. Seriously ♥ that machine! SERIOUSLY!

Tomorrow begins my "sympathy carb depletion". I have been struggling with finding balance in my body again since my competition. It seems my pre-competition diet with the rapid drop in water retention and body fat has sent my body into "shock". I have continued to eat "clean" and resumed my typical carb intake; however, my body is holding on to every morsel! My Momma can officially refer to me as "J-Lo" again, as she so endearingly used to. (love ya, Momma!) So I am basically just tweaking a few minor nutrition points to see what works. I'll keep you posted! :) In the meantime, KEEP TRAINING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Transformation Challenge: So it begins...

Cajun Turkey…Bodybuilder Style!!

Do you eat like a Mongol Soldier or peasant warrior?